Community gardens contribute to social, environmental, economic and educational benefits for the community.
As not-for-profit programs, we rely on the help of our community!
Our volunteers bring energy, enthusiasm, and knowledge to our team.
- Learn significant skills in organic gardening
- Meet and build relationships with others in the community
- Contribute to community knowledge, assets and skills
- Experience volunteering with a nonprofit organization
We have opportunities for everyone, from beginner to expert gardeners, and from drop-in to weekly commitments.
We’re happy to work with you to find the right fit, and we’re always open to hearing your ideas too – get in touch!
- See our possible Volunteer Positions below for ongoing volunteers.
- Check our Events Calendar for drop in volunteer shifts.
- Fill in our Volunteer Inquiry Form (below) to get in touch.
- We will get in touch to find an opportunity for you!
Community Garden Helper
We have community gardens program across Niagara with plots dedicated to growing food for local food banks. As a Garden Helper, you will help plant, maintain and harvest these gardens throughout the summer.
Perhaps you don’t have a green thumb but would still like to help out! We welcome help with garden program administration for anyone with those interests and skills.
Educator - Knowledge & Skills Sharing
Have a skill or interest you’d like to share? Interested in assisting in our gardening workshops, cooking classes or other events? Get in touch with us below!
Do you love community building and have a passion for community gardening? We always need help with events and in promoting our programs and initiatives.