Calling all green thumbs and foodies! We are hosting an OPEN CALL for workshop proposals for our gardening and food SkillShare series! Bring your knowledge, energy, expertise and experience to share with your community!
- Organic and sustainable gardening techniques (ideas include garden planning, container gardening, natural pest management, square foot gardening, soil health, composting, companion planting, vertical growing, worm composting)
- Food issues (food security, food justice, climate change)
- Food preservation (canning, pickling, dehydration, fermentation)
- Food skills (culture sharing of traditional foods, cooking classes, meal prep, sprouting, microgreens, eating on a budget)
- Botanical arts (natural dying, nature arts + crafts)
- Plant ID and uses (plant walks, ethical foraging, invasive species)
- Ecological stewardship (encouraging pollinators, making bee hotels, making bird houses)
Have other ideas? Please share them with us!
All workshops will be offered to the community free of charge. We will cover the cost of your workshop materials, will help you with the workshop (if needed) and will promote it to the broader community. Volunteer honorariums will be offered whenever appropriate to those offering workshops that are selected.